Friday, April 20, 2012

Famous Friday

The other night my sister and I were reminiscing over some of our  favorite memories. And we started talking about concerts (so far we've probably been to about 200...no lie) and all the people we've been blessed to meet.  I mentioned this week that Lifehouse is my favorite band, and one day I actually got to eat lunch with them.
Feel free to bask in the amazingness that is this picture with me:

Rick (drummer), Me, Jason (singer, guitarist), Hannah, Bryce (bassist,singer)
(pardon the watermark, i stole this from han's facebook because i had a sad computercrashinglostallmypictures incident ).


Notice the bandaid and scratch on Jason's nose and forehead? I remember him telling us he ran into a glass door in the middle of the night walking in his hotel room to use the potty.

And Hannah, my lucky sister, got to sit next to Jason. And he dropped his knife on her lap. And he was totally flustered and apologized and grabbed it quick, looking very embarrassed. (I didn't know hot, famous guys got embarrassed!)  And then about 7 seconds later, she did the same exact thing to him. haha.

We all shared chips yo. I shared chips with Lifehouse. And then Rick offered me some of his hot wings. And lets be real...I could have eaten a napkin that day, and I wouldn't have realized, I was so nervous.  And just a word of wisdom if you ever get to eat with your favorite band/famous people...dont order something messy like a chicken sandwich. Yeah. Not a good idea.
And take a piece of Jason's quesedilla when he offers it to you, and then freeze it and keep it for life! I don't care if you can't figure out how to non-challantly put it in your purse, or that you feel like a  pig taking another band member's food, just do it. I regret I didn't do this. Just think of the legacy I could have left...
"There's Great Grandma McKenzie, and there's the quesadilla she got from Jason Wade from Lifehouse back in 2008, she's had it frozen ever since that day."
Yeah, that would have been awesome.

But you know what's pretty darn cool? Bryce messaged us on Myspace (haha) after this happened. And then we saw them in concert a few months later and met Bryce and he asked us to lunch again. Heck to the yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment