Thursday, April 26, 2012

Never Trust Parking Attendants

About 2 weeks ago my friends Amanda, Christi, sister Hannah, and I all went on another mini road trip...this time down to Washington DC. I LOVE road trips. They are just awesome, period.
And even though I used to complain about where I live, it's actually pretty cool because I can take day trips to SO many different places...Philly, DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc...and they are all within 2-3 hours away and you can just make a day of it without having to drive forever. 
Well we looked all over the place for a parking garage close to (where we thought) the museums were knowing we would have to be paying $25 stinking dollars to rest your vehicle in between 2 dinky white lines for a mere 2-3 hours...(seriously, who came up with the whole "paying for parking" concept, and THAT stinking much?!)...and we thought we were within like 3 blocks of our destination...and we see a sign for $10 parking...HECK yes. We thought before we parked we would double check with the attendant to make sure we weren't too far away...and he said
"Oh yeah, you are only about a 5 minute walk from all the museums."
 Boy, he played us like a fiddle in the middle of a country dance in Mississippi.  
Try a FIVE mile walk through the city!! Ugh. We were so ticked. Good thing we brought the GPS with us walking.
But the museums we went to were really awesome, and the company was even awesomer. We went to the ones with pop culture and real artifacts from movies and stuff. AWESOME! Like, we got to see Dorothy's ruby slippers, and the scarecrow's hat and shoes...for real!

I was totally thinking about Night At The Museum 2 the entire time.... 
"why these aren't real rubies at all..." LOVE that movie...haha


And you KNOW i had to reference Titanic when we came to a part about ships...the railing was just screaming my name.


Amanda, Hannah, and Me in front of the Washington monument (you can kind of see it in the background).

Christi, Hannah, Amanda, and Me 

Sisters! Hannah and Me

And guess where we stopped on the way home...

heck yes, the Cheesecake Factory!! 

I am in love.

Me and Christi!

Seriously, when are they gonna build one of these closer to me???

I stole all of these pictures from my friends facebooks...I totally failed and lugged my heavy SLR through the city and when I went to take the first picture...no battery! FAIL! Oh well, maybe that made it lighter to carry around through 5 miles of city?? Haha, yeah, I didn't think so.


4 comments:

  1. ohhh the cheesecake factory <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aka heaven on earth! haha.
      thanks for stopping by my blog!!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  2. oh gosh, it's true. they are never accurate with how far away things are!
    and the cheesecake factory. yum!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boy, they sure dont seem like it! that was awful!
      oh man, i think my love for the cheesecake factory grows every time i go:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete