Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heart of Stone

This past Thursday my little sister Hannah turned 21....ah! Wow, I am still in shock, where does the time go?!  The poor thing has had like 4 awful birthdays in a row, including getting deathly sick ON her birthday every year! So this year, we were determined to make it AWESOME! And awesome it was.
Has anyone seen the movie Valentine's Day? Not the scary one that has some serial killer in it (I saw that on TV a while ago, and remembered it when I looked up this picture...haha). But this one:
WAY cute movie, with like 50 gazillion stars in it. But in the movie Jessica Biel throws an anti-valentine's party anf Jennifer Garner smashes a heart-shaped piñata to pieces after getting her heart broken.
Hannah always wanted to do this, and after having two really crappy boyfriends this past year, we figured this was the perfect time!
And heck, I knew I could enjoy it too after my, well, we'll call it my "less than awesome relationship."
So, I made her a heart piñata


(very fun and easy, more details on that later)

and we had a group of our girlfriends get together and after much eating and laughing and sucking at bowling, we took pieces of paper and wrote down the names of boys who had done us wrong, then made letters to them getting out our frustrations and put them 
along with some insulting caricatures of the said boys and candy in the piñata,

 and proceeded to smash the little bugger to pieces



 and then danced on the ashes.



It was flipping UH-MAZING!! I totally recommend this, even if you havent had your heart broken...this is like stinking therapy yo! We even taped it up and did it all over again. Girl time, is the best time.



And you want to know what was hilariously ironic?? My ex, the reason I wanted to obliterate this heart, helped me shop for the spray paint to paint the piñata with... and it gets better... the color he picked out? Stone. That's right, the color was called "stone."  How fitting, considering I always said he has a heart of stone. PAHAHAHA!


6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, this is awesome! i bet it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you:) it was SO much fun!
      thank you for coming to my blog! i love yours, it is WAY cute and awesome:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  2. ha, you girls are too funny. and i've been wanting to watch this movie for FOREVER! i might just have to convince the boyfriend that we should this valentines day. of course, i'm sure it will be all checked out on the red box!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! aw you definitely should rent it!! it is so good! i love me some chick flicks:) i hope its not all out of copies so you can see it:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  3. Love the heart piñata. What a great idea!!

    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! it definitely did turn out to be an awesome idea!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete