Sunday, March 27, 2016

He Lives


"I know that my Redeemer lives
What comfort this sweet sentence gives
He lives, He lives who once was dead
He lives, my ever living Head"

Words cannot describe how much I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  Even though I am 2000 miles away from my family this Easter Sabbath, I woke up with such a feeling of gratitude and joy when I started thinking about Him, and all that He did for me, and all that He continues to STILL do for me.

Because of Him, my broken heart has been healed.
Because of Him, the regrets that I have about my past vanish.
Because of Him I can have a clean slate every day.
Because of Him, I can be with family forever.
Because of Him I have a family.
Because of Him, no 'Friday' of my life will ever be permanent. Sunday WILL come.
Because of Him hope is possible, I have a reason to hope,always. He is the reason.
Because of Him death is not the end. There is not such thing as the end.
Because of Him I can receive answers to prayers.
Because of Him I am NEVER alone.
Because of Him we all will be resurrected.
Because of Him, I have someone with a constant, steady, never wavering, never lessening, unconditional love for me. Even when I do not deserve it. He is that love.
Because of Him I can keep going, even when I don't want to and don't think I can.
Because of Him I live, I walk, I talk, I hear, I see, I enjoy this beautiful Earth.
Because of Him I know there is a reason for everything. A purpose in pain. A reason to keep living, keep trying, keep trusting. Him.

"He lives
All Glory to His name.
He lives, my Savior, still the same
Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives
I know that my Redeemer lives"

No comments:

Post a Comment