Monday, January 30, 2012

Being Able to Laugh

Last night my sister and I were sitting getting ready to watch some Avonlea (LOVE this show, more on that later) and we started joking around about the year that was 2011. We both had quite a difficult year (more on that later too) and we started coming up with two word sentences to describe it. 
Here's what we came up with for my year:


You will notice that I was not just majorly tested, I was even more richly blessed.  All of the bad came from one experience, but it was the most signifigant experience of my life. The short version is: I was friends with a boy for several years, and we dated each other on and off in that time.  Then we ended up writing each other on his 2 year mission, and decided to be together when he got back. Well,  after months of dating when he returned home, it ended. I didn't see it coming. And I was devestated.
But you know what? When my sister and I were making up my list, we laughed and laughed till we cried.  To say that was a 'big deal' is in no way giving it the credit it needs.  I have wanted for months to be able to look back on that chapter of my life and to just...laugh.  To not just see it as such a horrible, painful experience.  And I am SO grateful I am able to be able to see the good that has come from this, which I didn't know was possible.
I am SO blessed.  My compassion and understanding has grown in leaps and bounds.  My testimony and understanding of the Atonement and it's importance is so much more profound and deep in my heart. I could not have grown in this way if it were not for this experience, and for my Savior helping me to get through it.

And now, I can look back and laugh.  And that blessing, is more than I could have ever asked for in 2011.

5 comments:

  1. definitely can relate to the whole weight loss / gain. blah! i'm looking forward to this new year though ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i know right! ugh! its awful.
      but i am definitely looking forward to this new year too!
      i hope sundance went awesome for you:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great perspective. i know i tend to focus on the bad stuff... oops! speaking of! whenever i enter ingredients into those things it's like chicken and rice 90% of the time haha. i am so lame.

    i will definitely try kraft out though! thanks for the tip!

    love,
    mrs. dtf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, me too! sometimes its hard to look for the good. but i'm learning its always there for sure!
      you're welcome:) lol..thats hilarious that its like chicken and rice. i'm sure you will fins something yummiful though! good luck:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete